Even if you’re not a big wine lover or even wine drinker, the ambiance of a winery is pretty hard to beat. Typically, full of gorgeous views and a chance to try out various drinks, food, or even live music, they make for a fantastic outing with your significant other or girlfriends. It’s also a chance to dress up a bit (definitely leave the athleisure at home) in some of your more feminine pieces. You don’t have to wear a dress, necessarily, but it sure is a great excuse if you’re feeling it! I’ve got some tips, as well as some great items you can purchase for your next adventure into wine country.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK + PURCHASE SOMETHING. PLEASE VIEW THE DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT + HAPPY SHOPPING!
A few things I’d definitely keep in mind no matter the season or what you’re wearing are the following:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll likely be walking around quite a bit and on grass, so busting out your highest of heels is probably not going to go well.
- Bring a small, hands-free purse. Again, lots of walking around and you’ll probably have a glass of wine in your hand most of the time.
- Err on the side of dressy. Yes, you can still dress casual, but defintely more smart or business casual – no leggings or hoodies, please! Jeans are still totally appropriate and can be super cute, though.
- Girly, feminine pieces will always be encouraged. Frills, florals, and lace – oh, my! Don’t shy away from super girly pieces or accents – it’ll look great.
- Wear white with caution. If you’re a red wine fan, you might want to go with something other than white in case of spills. It does look gorgeous, though.
- Dress for comfort. You’ll be drinking and eating as your main activities, so something that’s loose or stretchy might be a better option than skin tight.
Shop Wine Tasting Items
*Bonus: If you’re in the Austin-area, the service dog organization that I volunteer for is partnering up with Bent Oak Winery for a Yappy Hour event all day Sunday, August 1st – that’s next weekend! 5% of all proceeds will go towards DogFest Austin, as well as 50% of a raffle for a case of wine with free shipping if you’re not local but happen to be in town. Enjoy live music and delicious California and Texas wines while supporting a great cause!
What’s your favorite local winery – comment below!