Since 2018, Amazon Prime’s Try Before You Buy Program (formerly known as Amazon Prime Wardrobe) has been a fantastic feature for online shoppers. This gives you the ability to try on clothes, shoes, and accessories in the comfort of your own home before you commit to purchasing. You can stay up to date on all the latest and greatest fashion trends without wasting money on items that may be unflattering or ill-fitting.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK + PURCHASE SOMETHING. PLEASE VIEW THE DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT + HAPPY SHOPPING!
What is Amazon Prime Try Before You Buy? It is a free feature exclusively for Prime members ($14.99 per month or $139 annually) that allows you to try up to 6 items at one time.
Don’t like an item? Just send back anything that you don’t like or that doesn’t fit within 7 days and avoid being charged for that item. Amazon pays for shipping both ways.
Keeping an item? Simply keep it and your card will get charged after the try-on period has expired. Even after the try-on period ends, you can request a normal return in the Returns Center. Purchased items are still eligible for Amazon Fashion’s 30-day free return policy.
What items are eligible for Prime Try Before You Buy? Hundreds of items from a variety of well-known brands are available on Try Before You Buy.
To order items from Amazon Prime Try Before You Buy:
- Add Prime Try Before You Buy items to your Prime Try Before You Buy Cart. Add at least one item with the Prime Try Before You Buy icon.
- Place your Prime Try Before You Buy order. Checkout is different to the checkout for other items on Amazon.com, but the process is similar.
- Wait for your items. The order arrives in four to six business days. The 7-Day Trial Period begins when the last item in your order arrives.
- Try out your items.
- Check out and let us know what you’re keeping. Go to the order in Your Orders during the 7-Day Trial Period and mark what you’re keeping and returning. At the end of your Prime Try Before You Buy 7-Day Trial Period, we’ll charge you for the full value of your order if you haven’t completed checkout by 11:59 pm local time.
- Return what you don’t want. We recommend returning items you don’t intend to keep within 7 days upon the end of the 7-Day Trial Period.
- Wait for your return confirmation. Prime Try Before You Buy will email to notify you when all your return items have been received. If you’d like to track the process of your return package, go to Your Orders.
I love being able to get a couple different sizes of something to ensure I get the best fit. Then, just send the other one back! If you haven’t tried Amazon Prime Try Before You Buy – you’re missing out!