I’ve had a FitBit for years now… I think my first one was in 2012 or so? I started off with the ones that were just bands or bracelets and less like watches, but in 2017 my parents got me the FitBit Blaze for my birthday and I fell in love. The Blaze is no longer available and after 2.5 years, the battery was starting to lose its charge and was frustrating me.
THIS CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK + PURCHASE SOMETHING. PLEASE VIEW THE DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT + HAPPY SHOPPING!
So, I had a decision to make: another FitBit or the Apple Watch? The FitBit started off in the lead since it was about half the price of an Apple Watch to begin with. Once I contacted FitBit about my battery issues, they actually offered me a discount on a brand new model, so that definitely helped push me that way.
I mainly use mine as a fitness tool and I wasn’t sure if I would take full advantage of all the other capabilities an Apple Watch offers. And the new FitBit Versa models even look like Apple Watches. I was sold. I decided to get the Versa 3 since the extra features don’t work with Apple phones anyways.
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free-and see your real-time pace & distance-with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app.
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts
- Store and play music & podcasts on Deezer or Pandora, plus control Spotify all from your wrist.
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- Get 6+ days of battery on a full charge plus one day of battery in just 12 minutes with fast charging (Battery life varies with use and other factors; up to 12 hours with continuous GPS).
This is a nice upgrade from my Blaze, though! It’s sleeker and the touch screen is more responsive. They added weather to it, which I find myself using all the time. It also shows text messages and notifications better than the Blaze. I can’t answer them or anything, but it’s nice to check to see if it’s an urgent matter or something I can get to when I’ve got a free moment. It’s also waterproof instead of water-resistant, so I can swim with it and I don’t bother taking it off to shower anymore. And the casing and screen are all one unit, similar to the Apple Watch. I was actually going to get the black one until I realized that meant that the casing around the watch would always be black even if I switched the bands. The Blaze actually popped out of the whole unit and you switched it to a new frame and band – not the case with the Versa!
I’m a fan of buying 3rd party accessories, so I hopped on Amazon and found a cute leopard print band and some tempered glass screen protectors. Definitely get yourself the screen protectors – it’s a must! I feel so much better if I bump into anything knowing it’s not the actual screen.